CCA-Treated Wood (pressure-treated)

CCA-treated wood should only be disposed of in a lined landfill, not an incinerator. If you do not know if your residential trash goes to a lined landfill, call the Franklin County Solid Waste District at 413-772-2438 or email us. Do not dispose of CCA-treated wood in a backyard compost pile, brush pile, chipping pile, or burn pile. For more information, see our webpage on this topic.

Appears in: What Do I Do With...?