Fluorescent Bulbs , including compact fluorescent lights (CFLs)

These contain mercury and cannot be placed in the trash. They can be brought to the Regional Hazardous Waste Collection Sites at Colrain and Conway transfer stations.
Disposal is available for residents of Buckland, Charlemont, Deerfield, Heath, Montague, New Salem, Northfield, Orange, Rowe, Shelburne, Warwick, Wendell, and Whately at their towns' transfer stations. Disposal is also available at the town halls in Deerfield and Hawley. There may be a disposal fee.
Expired, unbroken CFLs may be brought to any Home Depot store (returns desk), any Aubuchon Hardware store, or the Solar Store in Greenfield for recycling. There is no charge.

Appears in: What Do I Do With...?